Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Eightieth Birthday !


Today is my mother's eightieth birthday.

Unfortunately I am unable to be in Delhi with her on this milestone birthday, but both my brothers are there and hopefully she'll have a very pleasant time despite her strongly wanting to avoid any celebration. My thoughts are with her.

She has given us children her unstinted love, this shines through. She's been a strong woman throughout, despite becoming a widow at the young age of forty.  She lives alone and now longs for company. Only her regular prayers and a strict day-to-day routine keeps her going.  I have seen her go a bit frail recently and her memory fails her at times, but despite that, by God's grace she is generally healthy and active.

She is beautiful and has aged gracefully.

The more she's aged the more precious she's become to us.

I hope she finds satisfaction in whatever she does, and that she stays content.  I pray God continues to give her good health, and the fortitude to cope with life's surprises.



Down Memory Lane

1 comment:

  1. Happy Eightieth Birthday, Auntie!
    I remember her as always elegant and graceful. May she enjoy good health and happiness always.

    ReplyDelete