Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2011

Reliving Memories

Browsing through old photographs is real fun, more so when you look at them after many years.

Especially baby pictures of your own kids.

Were they really that chubby? Did I really give birth to them?  In some of their baby pictures, the older one has the same dreamy gaze ... but when she smiled it made my day. A very content yet sensitive and at-peace-with-herself baby … and a peaches-and-cream complexion.  Things she did the younger one never did, the second one was chubbier, happier, wanting her way around and making her presence felt.  Assertive.  When she was hungry there was definitely no doubt about it!

How can I still get the feeling that they are doing the same things as when they were babies when I don't remember many of the things they did!  Looking at photos does remind me of certain instances, which at that time I didn't register as I was fully enjoying their growing up. They were almost like twins, so less time to focus on each one.

Some of these traits I see even now, over 25 years later, continuing as they grow ... I think that's why mothers feel their children will always be babies still, even after they've grown into adults.

Life was made of loving them caring for them spending sleepless nights worrying about them. This has not changed much even now.

Of course the bestest present they have given me in return is the eternal feeling of being a mother.
Time has flown.

Towards the end of every year one feels it has gone by so fast. If there were no year-ends would we feel the same way? Grown-up kids do sometimes remind us of the real passage of time.

Their birthdays fall in this last month of the year and this is even clearer indication of one more year added. Time is flying.

You will both remain my babies forever. Love you always. 
 Birthday greetings to both of you !
And a very Happy New Year to all !!!

1 comment:

  1. Truly, both your lovely daughters have enriched your lives. It is such a joy being with them. May they always be happy.
    Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete